diet · endurance · healthy diet for runners · high fat diet · high fat diet for athletes · high fat diet for runners · keto diet · keto diet for athletes · keto diet for endurance · keto diet for runners ·
Before switching to Keto
Rafal Nazarewicz (Ph.D. founder of Spring, sports nutritionist) and Rob Grissom (USA cycling coach) get right into the heart of the topic regarding Ketogenic diets. If you have had any interest in the subject if Keto may be right for you have a listen as we get expert advice on the subject!
Check out the below for just some of what we covered in today’s show.
- What does it mean for a diet to be ketogenic?
- The ketogenic diet is a low carb, moderate protein, and high-fat diet which puts the body into a metabolic state known as ketosis.
- When the body is in a state of ketosis, the liver produced ketones which become the main energy source for the body.
- The ketogenic diet is also referred to as keto (key-toe) diet, low carb diet, and low carb high fat (LCHF).
- A ketogenic diet completely reverses how your body functions, in other words, you become a Fat Burner, not a Sugar Burner.
- What are some of the pros of a Ketogenic diet?
- The pros for a ketogenic diet make it sound like a great diet for all types of athletes. Should athletes consider making the switch to a ketogenic diet?
- What are some of the other cons endurance athletes need to consider before making the switch to a ketogenic diet?
- What if any are the metabolic impacts of taking on a ketogenic diet as an endurance athlete. Should those that are diabetic, hypothyroid or hyperthyroid steer clear?
- What alternatives would you recommend to those that are having a hard time losing weight due to metabolic issues? What about athletes that want to lose weight the fastest safest way possible?
Leave a comment