by Gabe Joyes
Below is the gluten free waffle recipe that my wife and I have developed together over the last 7-years. These babies are dialed in!
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 3 cups of water
- 2 cups old fashioned oats, coarsely blended
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds, blended with the oats (or flaxseed meal)
- 3/4 cup cassava flour (or tapioca or rice flour)
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 cup Teff flour (or another hearty flour like buckwheat or millet)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup melted butter, coconut oil, or other oil
- In a stand mixer, whip the eggs on high speed for 2-3 minutes until light and airy.
- Add the yogurt, lemon juice, water, and honey and whisk for an additional 1 minute.
- In a separate bowl, add the blended oats and chia seeds with the cassava, almond, teff, baking powder, and salt. Whisk the ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and whisk on low speed. Scrape down the sides and continue to whisk.
- Add the melted butter slowly while whisking. Increase the speed and continue to whisk for an additional minute. The batter will look slightly thin, but will thicken as it sits.
- Pour batter into preheated waffle iron and be careful not to overfill
- Sip some coffee while the waffles are sizzling.
- Top waffles with a drizzle of maple syrup, a copious amount of berries, and an absurd amount of almond butter.
FEED YOUR PASSION and share with @Spring_Energy tagging the #SpringUltraKitchen